CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Getting Crafty For One Hour

I actually made it!  I followed through and made the Easter wreath I mentioned in my last posting.  It was easy!  This photo was at about 1am, after I had finished (I started it at about 12am - dumb, I know, but I am a night owl) and gotten it hung on the front door.  The lighting is odd because it is in the middle of the night, with the porch light on.  Between the eggs and the Easter "grass",  I spent no more than $6 on this.  (I already had cardboard, glue sticks, etc.)  Maybe it looks like a $6 wreath, though.  Hope it doesn't look bad enough for someone to think that!  :-)








I also started on getting Sarah's room to look like a little girl's room.  It has been a blank canvas since we moved in in November.  I didn't want to put everything up from our last house, since it was still in Nursery decor.  Noah's Ark had to be retired.  I knew that once we moved into a house in Utah, that I would start over on hanging a few things and such that would be more appropriate for a growing little girl.   So, Sarah decided she wanted to have butterflies (lady bugs, dragon flies, etc).  I actually found these Vinyl Clings at Dollar Tree, if you can believe that!  For the entire wall of butterflies/and little flowers, I spent $3.  I am so proud of myself for finding those.  I wasn't looking for them at the Dollar Tree, either.  I happened upon them and thought I should give them a try.  Even if I hated them, they were still only $1 each - not a big loss to worry about!  So, here are a couple of photos showing off the finished wall.  I will be putting a few more things on the other big wall next to this.  We'll see what happens.  I am going to make or buy cute pillows to spice up her bed - pink comforter with purple on reverse are cute but plain, which I had intended.  Also, I am going to do a small grouping of homemade wall art on the other big wall.  I think so, at least! 




 

2 comments:

Griffiths

They both look great Wendy! I might just have to make one of those wreaths too. I saw it on your door as well, it looked nice.

Unknown

Very cute!!! The wreath turned out great and LOVE the butterflies! We're working on the girls room too, trying to create a garden theme... we'll see how it goes.